Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mind Your Language


I'm not sure how many of you have watched this British sitcom before, 'Mind Your Language'. But it was certainly one of my favourites in the 1980s...I couldn't remember the exact age when I enjoyed watching it with my cousins...The only thing I could remember is that we really did enjoy it very much~ (and that's the reason why I've never forgotten it after all these years..)

In case you don't know, the sitcom sets on an adult class in London, on learning english as a foreign language. The main character of the show is of course the teacher, British-english speaking Mr Brown (this is the very name I remember the most in the show). Creating all the funny conversations in the show is the whole class of students from different countries, speaking different mother tongues.

When I was younger I understood less English, but even so, we were already enjoying it very much~

If you by chance are also an avid lover of the show like me, you can find the you-tubes of the show put up by a very thoughtful person (whom I don't know, haha). Go to http://www.you-tube.com/ and look for the member "shaiji". In his/her profile, you'll find a whole series of Mind Your Language, even from the very beginning---1st lesson~!

Watching the show again, reminds me of really a whole lot of childhood memories~




Venus

ps: From wiki I realised that Barry Evans (who starred Mr. Brown) has passed away a few years back in the late 1990s. A tribute to him here.

No comments: