Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Learn English idioms from Fruits...

Again, these are from the BBC English 'The Teacher' Show.

This time round I share some idioms of fruits that I learnt.

1) To go bananas - to behave in a crazy way
2) It's a case of sour grapes - when someone is jealous of the other person and pretend not to be so
3) A second bite of the cherry - to have a second chance of doing something after failing the first time

Exercise from Venus:

Mars is going bananas because I (not he) just won a big lottery. It's just a case of sour grapes when he said I was lucky to win because I'm with him, haha...Maybe he should give himself a second bite of the cherry and this time round he might be the lucky one (because he's with me now...)




Venus
;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Venus was going bananas, she just make so many sentences on the blog !