Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year to ALL~!

I can imagine you guys from the other side of the globe are preparing for the new year eve. Although it’s just 8.12am for me now, barely started my working day, I can feel that the new year atmosphere is getting thicker.

Coz I just saw email from my friends asking to join for new year countdown in Boston. As I’ve just come back from a Christmas trip in Washington DC like a day ago, I don’t really have concrete plans yet as to how I should spend my very first new year eve in US. But I’m pretty sure that I would prefer not staying home when the clock ticks past 12 here. Hehe.

After a few days of no-snow, the piles of accumulated snow were already melting since 2 days ago. Roads, bushes, pavements, curbs are slowly shedding off their white coatings and revealing their true colors again…until last night when it started to pour down some snow/rain mix again. And this morning I was waking up welcomed by a thin layer of fresh snow at the back of my yard. The awe was not as much as compared to the first time I saw it, but it still more or less lightened me up.

So obviously changes in the weather do leave certain impacts on one’s emotion.

Yesterday was a nice day, in terms of the joy of getting a belated Christmas gift from Mars. It traveled a few million miles (I hope it’s correct) and finally was sitting inside my cold silver-color mailbox like 80meters outside my house.

It’s a nice little thoughtful gift, and as he put it himself, it’s not something that he would normally prepare, which I truly agree. But he really is making progress in becoming a more romantic guy, haha, I appreciated that.

Times flies by and 365 days are almost gone. Memories of us celebrating new year at Marina bay, counting down awaiting the million-dollared fireworks squirting into the skies of Singapore, are still vividly clear. I still remember how we squeezed to find a spot amongst the sea of human, and how we captured those moments of awe with our little camera and most importantly, how we wished each other a happy new year with hands holding, and the joyful kisses he left on my cheek and vice versa.

Although it’s to my dismay that we could not celebrate new year this time round, ya…emotionally I wish very much that he could be here…yet I know these are some phases of life that we have to pass through like this, like this long-distancedly…

I will do as I promise, to enjoy and live the most out of my life in US. The living and traveling have been great so far, you can see that I’m always occupied with something, busy enough to shun me away from writing very detailed blogs and sharing all the special pictures I took on my trips. The trips are really nice, they really are.

I know it might be hard on you to really experience how I live here just through the small little rectangles of pictures…but as you can see, these are the only proof of how I keep my promise.

If I am keeping my promise to live the fullest out of this, I so hope that you’ll do as well. You and I, we both will be happy throughout the new coming year, and the many many years to come.

Please agree with my statement above. And…

Happy New Year 2009!!!




With full love,
Venus

No comments: